View Single Post

Old 07-31-2020, 08:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.46 MB
Thanks again for the links and descriptions. It was very helpful in getting my design to its first real prototype. But I now come with a new question.

The attached photos show the dorsal engine "bubble" from the intake back to the exhaust. This is a significant design change from the original version which was broken into 7 segments. That design allowed for a more stable structure ... but still had a surface attachment using glue tabs. My new design is a "single piece" and will most likely use glue tabs but is challenging to afix to the fuselage since its fairly ... elastic (I hope you understand).

I've marked using circles and squares the points where alignment points exist. I am thinking that I might need to add some bulkheads inside the engine bubble and maybe stop blocks on the fuselage (paper squares on either side) to help with the alignment. This will still be rather fiddly, so I'm curious if anyone has come across this kind of issue and can say, "Don't worry about it Scot, modelers of planes expect this." or "OMG, I can't believe you didn't design it such-and-such way!"

Please accept my apologies as aircraft design is completely new to me and my lack of experience is certainly a hurtle. I really appreciate your guidance!
Attached Thumbnails
Extracting the cross section of a wing-inkedimg_1180_li.jpg   Extracting the cross section of a wing-img_1182.jpg   Extracting the cross section of a wing-img_1181.jpg   Extracting the cross section of a wing-capture.jpg