View Single Post

Old 07-31-2020, 06:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by maurice View Post
Previously when commenting on design threads I've only ever mentioned in passing my preference for using geometrical methods, thereby avoiding the need for labourious trigonometric & arithmetical calculations in the design process. ( pi being a bit of an exception - sometimes.)

But I've never actually given an example of what I mean.

Seeing the fourth image in the above post (post 111) presented an opportunity to correct my omission, hence the attached .pdf .

Mike assures me this is useful and that he welcomes it being posted in this thread.
Hi Maurice,

Yes, Everyone I invited him to post this after a couple of emails. His method works for several shapes. Just did the tail fuselage using his method.

If you design in 2D you'll appreciate what Maurice is making available as a great resource.

With two methods to check the part, hopefully will help verify part fit even more accurately. I've made plenty of mistakes, finding out when building is the norm.

Thank you Maurice!

@aansorge; Bought some 1/64" [.39mm] cable today. Cost for 3 each 24" long SS wire rope fishing leaders: $1.80. Was ready to buy a spool, all could find, won't have to now. Will test the cable idea as these are incredibly lite! Just twisting them they rotate well.

Going to use a R/C control wire sleeve to make sure they don't twist up like the band, balsa supports at both ends. Might be why they use wire. One way to find out! If the cable doesn't work, maybe the control wire will, already have the housing mounted where it goes.

Mike

Last edited by mbauer; 07-31-2020 at 07:12 PM. Reason: wire instead of cable fix