View Single Post

Old 08-06-2020, 08:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Moore Drive

Okay, going to use the Moore Drive.
C. Rupert Moore A.R.C.A. 1944 Patent#514974
A professional artist who liked to design Free-flight model airplanes for a hobby.

There is a book about his paintings. He painted aircraft, book is 15-pages, price on-line is $50.

The screen shots of the Short Scion show the drive in detail.
Rubber Band Power-short-scion2.jpg
Rubber Band Power-short-scion3.jpg
Rubber Band Power-short-scion4.jpg
Rubber Band Power-short-scion6.jpg
Rubber Band Power-short-scion7.jpg
Rubber Band Power-short-scion8.jpg
Rubber Band Power-short-scion9.jpg

Wondering why the "cogs" are open from the prop to the triangle loop on the drive shaft?

Looks rather difficult to make, wondering why he didn't use the looped ends that are used on his center bearing blocks?

My propeller shafts end in a triangle, thinking they should work to transfer the rotation from the rubber bands to the prop.

Bought some boxes of mixed gears, hoping to get something working in the front of the B25B.

Waiting on the plastic gears, 1/4" Rubber band. The B25B will get built in stages, waiting on parts etc.. Printed two models that are both ready for the build stages. Decided to build both at same time.

Re-drew major issues with the P38 Lightning. Moved the landing gear back, shortened the nosegear.

Streamlined the nacelles, using methods just learned.

Going to use it for an experiment I thought up. Big surprise, when you see it. P38 has the perfect tail shape for what I plan to do.

B25 will also work for this idea. B25 will have a 42" wingspan, same as the Short Scion that the Moore Drive was designed for. He used real hardwoods in his model designs. They were known to be heavy, but some have lasted till present, restored back to flying condition. If his drive designed worked on his heavier than normal aircraft, thinking his drive will work on my paper airplane models.

Start cutting when I finish typing. Both models over the weekend....

Mike