View Single Post

Old 08-24-2020, 04:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hello everybody,

with this update I want to briefly inform you about the current status.

In the meantime I have thought of a solution for laying the first four lamps in the red circle on the MLP-Side 1, whereby the LED wires are laid in such a way that they cannot be seen afterwards.

In an intensive exchange of ideas with my German Raumcon friend McPhönix, who built the ingenious Mega power bank for the complete pad lighting for me, we agreed upon a solution, in which the cabling between the power bank and the MLP takes place via the front Pedestal at the right-hand corner of the MLP.

Who would like to find out more about the structure of this power bank can look into his thread Lighting of models, unfortunately only in German.

After repeated detailed examination of the previous splitting of the three LED circles on the MLP-Side 1 I came across a tricky problem considering the sometimes very cramped spaces under the roofs of the MLP, related to the Lamps 5-7 in the yellow circle,

Source: retrospaceimages.com - STS-6 High-Res. Image Library

which I have marked with the yellow arrow in this image.

The following two images once again show the cramped conditions circled on site.

After the laying the first four lamps (1-4) of the yellow line, I would then have to climb up with the last three lamps (5-7) from the ceiling above the lower Access Platform along the stairs there up to the upper Access Platform above the LH2 Valve Skid followed by pulling the strand with the three lamps through a real eye of a needle between the support struts of the LH2 Transport Line, which would be almost impossible. In addition, the LED wire would then hang freely in the space in front of the tubes on the MLP wall.

To find a way out of this dilemma, I changed the division of the LED circles once again, which can be seen in the following images. Therefore I've extended the red circle by a lamp,

Source: capcomespace.net

which now ends with the Lamp 8 at this needle eye and is led on the rear wall to the return conductor (GND). Thus the yellow LED circle only has still four lamps (1-4).

The remaining two lamps (6/7) of the originally yellow circle now form the beginning of the light blue circle (1/2),

which now includes eight lamps.

With this redistribution, the laying of the LED circles should now be a bit easier, I hope so.

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)