View Single Post

Old 08-30-2020, 07:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 103.90 MB
Thanks to Damraska and Col. Boose for filling in some gaps in my almost complete ignorance about tanks in general, and the M4’s in particular. I had no idea that a tank would need a siren. It’s not like you’d fail to notice one sneaking up on you.

I’ve been puttering along adding all the oddments that go onto the glacis plate in front. I’ve built up and attached heavy wire loops, headlights, the siren, guards for the last two items, and the fork that would lock the gun barrel in position, which I will guess was used when the tank was moving on rough ground. I’m in trouble on the next step, which is the hull machine gun that peeks through the glacis plate. It took me three trips through the instructions to find the diagram for this assembly, and this particular diagram is more cryptic even than usual for this model. I’ve been cutting out parts, but it’s going to take some head scratching to figure out how the parts go together.

Greg or Kevin, if you happen to see this, I’d be grateful for hints or close-up photos of this machine gun assembly. Thanks in advance.