View Single Post

Old 09-08-2020, 01:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
The Heroes of Battle for Lake Tanganyika

Dear All:

I just completed the prototypes for the HMS Mimi and HMS Toutou the forgotten gunboats that enable the control of Lake Tanganyika by 1916. They were directed by the eccentric Captain Geoffrey Basil Spicer-Simson. Following the suggestion of Foute Man I am including in this depiction the crew, including the commanding officer with its (in)famous skirt, the tattoos were lost due to the scale. The figures are modified versions of troops from the Junior General site.
The model shows the captured Imperial German Navy ensign, the first to be claimed by the UK during WWI. Since Lake Tanganyika is very deep, these flotilla qualifies as blue water!

You may read a summary of the very interesting and exhausting trip and operations of the gunboats here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Mimi_and_HMS_Toutou

I hope to release the vessels in 1/200 soon.

ps: This prototype is in 1/100
Attached Thumbnails
The Heroes of Battle for Lake Tanganyika-pict2717.jpg   The Heroes of Battle for Lake Tanganyika-pict2718.jpg   The Heroes of Battle for Lake Tanganyika-pict2719.jpg   The Heroes of Battle for Lake Tanganyika-pict2720.jpg   The Heroes of Battle for Lake Tanganyika-pict2721.jpg