View Single Post

Old 09-14-2020, 02:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 731.91 MB
DC-2 from "Murphs-models"; rescaled to 1:33 - SP- ASK

Before rescaling Murphy’s (Lufthansa) model, I need something solid in front of my eyes (I’m not an engineer), that’s why I built the original model first. After the conversion is done, my grandson will get that model to play with…

This is my first model from Murphy, therefore building it was a bit „strange”; there are very few ribs, basically only for every second segment of the fuselage, and the connecting straps are just as few. I made the missing ribs myself. The 1:57 scale specified by the author isn’t right, based on my measurements of the finished model, it should be 1:48. Or is it the fault of the printer setting? Seems kinda unlikely, though.

And this is how the finished model looks like at 1:48 - I didn’t make too great an effort there, it’s possible to be much more precise of course.
Attached Thumbnails
DC-2 from "Murphs-models"; rescaled to 1:33 - SP- ASK-bild_1.jpg   DC-2 from "Murphs-models"; rescaled to 1:33 - SP- ASK-bild_2.jpg   DC-2 from "Murphs-models"; rescaled to 1:33 - SP- ASK-bild_3.jpg   DC-2 from "Murphs-models"; rescaled to 1:33 - SP- ASK-bild_4.jpg