View Single Post

Old 09-16-2020, 04:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hello friends,

and now it goes from the 2D view into the 3rd dimension, for which I've placed the FSS and RSS of my deceased Raumcon friend Thomas Emberger † (golgi63) onto the diorama floor plan, which I took over as his modeling legacy after his death in order to keep an honorable memory of him on my diorama. May he rest in peace ...

Then I also added my MLP, which rounds out the picture further.

But as a precaution I quickly put the MLP away and parked it in the closet.

And with that back to the wiring on the Dio plate, which I imagined as follows.

The planned interface for the possible decoupling of the MLP has been modified and is now laying on the Pad ground besides Pedestal 6 and takes place via a small Connector (Plug with socket).

The LED Lamp circles on the FSS and RSS will all be laid downwards on the back of the FSS, especially because there are already lots of pipes etc. there, so that the LED wire bundles will be hardly noticeable.

Fortunately, there are also two cable ducts at this point, which I will use of course,

in order to lead the LED wires to this small building, which was built there that time thanks to the wise foresight of NASA!

This concrete structure with blast doors, housed the freight elevator (on the left) and the door to the stairwell (on the right) which took you down to the Pad Terminal Connection Room (PTCR) at ground level, with further access from there to the roadways and parking areas scattered around the pad, as James MacLaren explained to me yesterday.

And in this building at the back of the diorama, the already shown Connection plate can be conveniently accommodated, which is why I've measured out and scaled it right away,

from which all cables are then be led to the Current bank, which also has a plug connection.

As far as the wiring of the MLP is concerned, the three lamp circles as well as an additional circle for Caution lights are still easily manageable. And for the Crawler Transporter it will certainly be similar, although I still have to do the exact lamp analysis. That should become difficult again, however, since there are only a few images of the MLP-2 Crawler, used during STS-6, let alone still with lighting.

But more on that soon.

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)