View Single Post

Old 09-26-2020, 10:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via MSN to Jerry V
A certain website and my models of Olympic

A while ago I found that a certain website stole and was selling my papermodels of HMT and RMS Olympic. I searched this website about Alice Papermodel to see what to do.

I have filed several copyright infringement notices and an similar amount of Unlawfull actions notices I got a reply once.

Dear Sirs,
We acknowledge receipt of your notice and will forward your notice to the reported party within one business day. We will forward the counter-notice to you if we receive the same from the reported party. In the meantime, we would suggest that you directly reach out to and notify the operator of this website or the owner of the domain name to facilitate the resolution of disputes. Please note that we, as a domain name registrar service provider, are not in a position to take any actions against the reported party unless a judicial ruling or administrative decision determining that the website or domain name has committed infringements is available.
Sincerely,
Alibaba Cloud

After that I filed a couple of more notices since they were ignored, but now I had an direct email adress. My messages went unnoticed, but I wasn't going to leave it at that.

I contacted the Alibaba Group on facebook and got myself a phonenumber of a salesmanager at Alice Papermodel and I asked him if the HMT Olympic models were still available. They were, how many did I want to have?
None offcourse because they weren't theirs to sell.

First it was said that their own designteam had designed these models.
But when I asked if that was the case why they needed my photograph and why they made the same designmistake as I had I was asked to show the site where my photo was used.

I then showed him the link to the Alice Paper model site. He denied it was their site, theirs was Alibaba. com.

Then I asked where the Olympic models could be found, since he had just said they were available and for sale. I was asked if I wanted to team up.

No, I don't want to team up, I want my work removed.

A while later I was asked to pay 500 USD to have my work removed.
Offcourse I refused.
Not letting go and asking questions which were offcourse being ignored.
Then I said that he could ignore me all he wanted, but I wanted answers and wasn't going to stop.

Then I was asked to make a 200 USD deposit for risk allowance.
What was the risk they're going to take by removing models that weren't theirs to begin with? He said that it was Alibaba policy and that the amount of money was refundable after the models were removed.

So I stated, as per Alibaba's site their IPPR rules:

Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Protection Policy
(Updated on October 9, 2019)

1. Overview

"Alibaba (“Alibaba-com”) respects intellectual property rights of others and we expect our users to honor the same. Alibaba-com takes a serious stance in dealing with intellectual property infringement claims on our websites at Alibaba-com and Alie Express-com (Collectively referred to as "Site"). We also rely on the cooperation of intellectual property rights owners.

2.Intellectual Property Right (“IPR”) Protection

Listings of counterfeits, replicas, or other unauthorized items are prohibited on the Site strictly.
Listings of offers to sell or purchase counterfeits, replicas, or other unauthorized items shall be subject to removal by Alibaba-com."

And I mentioned there was mentioning of a fee to be payed to have your IPPR honored and your works removed.

He told me not to teach him how to do his job, but I wasn't, I was merely stating policy.

Again I was asked to make a payment for their help in removing my models.
Offcourse I refused, again stating their IPPR policy.

And then I was blocked...

Isn't there anything we can do together to stop this?

Jerry
Attached Thumbnails
A certain website and my models of Olympic-apm.jpg   A certain website and my models of Olympic-jvondeling_olympic_b.jpg  

Last edited by Jerry V; 09-26-2020 at 10:18 AM.