View Single Post

Old 09-27-2020, 09:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex View Post
Lastly I would kindly ask Dave to refrain from turning such discussion into an attack on a country's judicial system, or any country itself, for that matter.
Since the topic and original post question are partially related to "actions of legal recourse" specifically against a Chinese seller
and this would (for any impressive effect) require actions in the Chinese courts, I think my opinion and comments are totally relevent.

The topic of how well foreigners fair in Chinese courts of late is current news...at least here in Canada:
https://nationalpost.com/news/it-jus...nt-experts-say
https://nationalpost.com/news/politi...ations-experts
and so, I'll agree, my views are somewhat skewed by the current news.

Since this forum (understandably) tries very hard to keep Politics out of the discussions
...even though it is almost impossible when discussing anything related to China these days...
I will respect the forum guidelines and do my best to restrict my opinions to the immediate paper related topic only.

As I said Jerry, the only way you might get a real result is filing a grievance in Chinese Court against the vendor.
Whether its the result you would like, I can't say.
But actions from outside the country may not have any effect.

Outside of that, we have learned that Chinese vendors and the like, do not seem to adhere to the moral and fairplay standards we all expect.
Or the rules of intellectual property.
Plagiurism and piracy seem to be rampant to a degree not seen in other countries
and the attitude from Chinese based vendors is repeatedly one of "you can't touch me".

Although I will admit I have purchased many items on amazon from Chinese based vendors
and been pleasantly surprise by their support efforts when I have experienced a delay or a shipment problem.
I have received refunds and replacement items with little trouble.
Maybe this has something to do with selling on amazon versus alibaba?

And, I reiterate, feel a bit better knowing that sales of these models is not as great as you might think, and we've heard from many unsatisfied buyers about the products.