View Single Post

Old 10-11-2020, 03:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 18.58 MB
90% of the rigging is completed, screws on, all AA.

I cheated on the B-25's. The model's paper B-25'a are the wrong color, brown rather than U.S. Army drab olive. I have a set from Merritt in 1/200 so I used them.

The planes are not glued in place, I installed 4 nails in each to add weight over the nose wheel. I investigated further, when leaving Saf-Fran she not only sported 5 wildcats on the bow, but also 4 Dauntlesses around the aft elevator to appear she was ferrying planes. I need to make those nine planes then will permanently install all. The ship left port with 25 aircraft on deck, 16 B-25's, 5 F4F's and 4 SBD's.

Merritt offers, the B-25's, F4F's and TBD's but for some reason no SBD's in with their 1/200 plastic Hornet. I have that model, but chose this paper model over the other one due to paper being more realistic with all thicknesses among other things. If I were to model her at Midway, I would recommend the Merritt aircraft for any builder.
Attached Thumbnails
USS Hornet - SZKUTNIK's Version-x1.jpg   USS Hornet - SZKUTNIK's Version-x2.jpg   USS Hornet - SZKUTNIK's Version-x3.jpg   USS Hornet - SZKUTNIK's Version-x4.jpg   USS Hornet - SZKUTNIK's Version-x5.jpg  

USS Hornet - SZKUTNIK's Version-x6.jpg   USS Hornet - SZKUTNIK's Version-x7.jpg   USS Hornet - SZKUTNIK's Version-x8.jpg   USS Hornet - SZKUTNIK's Version-x9.jpg   USS Hornet - SZKUTNIK's Version-x10.jpg