View Single Post

Old 10-16-2020, 05:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 263.00 MB
Don't take this as criticism, but I have actually worked (painted) Wells Fargo Concord Coaches. Their shape is a lot more complicated than the kit provides. They are rounded on the side at the bottom of the coach, and the striping on the wheels is very intricate, they have the normal pinstripe (actually referred to as paint stripe) on the exterior face and around the wheel, also a broad black stripe that is on either side of each spoke, these stripes face each other. The latter I have never painted because I think they should be done before the wheel is assembled and the coach builder always called me out after the coach was finished. The last one I actually did for the coach builder was a 1/2 scale coach built specifically to go in a lobby of a Wells Fargo Bank (I am assuming one very high on the pecking order). They are a very elegant shape but never really made it out west (California) because their track was not the same as the wagons used here and they would break axels and wheels as the coach tried to fit into the ruts on the old dirt roads.

Anyhoo, beautiful model, well done.

Mike