View Single Post

Old 11-17-2020, 02:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 34.87 MB
The Pioneers of Aviation site includes a page on Vedovelli's Multiplane offering some history of the aircraft and additional pictures.

The Aerodrome website offers a thread on the Multiplane including one very rough plan view.

The Vintage Everyday website offers a fun article on early aircraft designs, allowing one to appreciate Vedovelli's aircraft in context with other flying machines of the time.

I do not find the aircraft particularly interesting or ugly. My inner engineer immediately understands what Vedovelli was up to, what he knew and did not know. Research and development vehicles often look odd precisely because the designers do not yet understand the principles involved and must discover best practices. Vedovelli's aircraft mostly suffers from a weak engine, poor understanding of efficient wing design, and overly robust construction given the limited thrust available. Quite a few contemporary experimental aircraft look similar and would quickly evolve into functional pusher aircraft.

I do wish you luck finding a designer! It is a fun aircraft.