View Single Post

Old 11-23-2020, 01:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.08 MB
Details added to stern castle, plus an appearance test of the stern castle on the hull. It's going to take some fiddling to get all parts of the stern castle to fit correctly.

One discovery I did make is that once the tiller ropes are rigged, there is no way to fit the stern castle structure to the deck, except by removing the tiller from the end of the rudder. I didn't see anything in the instructions that tell you not the glue the tiller into place. But, it was such a snug fit, that I never glued it. So, I got lucky.

Only later, do the instructions show the tiller, free of the rudder, allowing you to fit the stern castle into place. Once in place, the tiller can be re-attached to the rudder.

I'm not quite at that stage yet, but I'm getting very close now. The rigging thread that is included in the kit is all white. So, it's needs to be dyed or stained. I happen to have some very old bottles of rigging stain that I wanted to try out again. It's from the old Floquil brand, and they seem to stick mix up well, even after sitting for some 20 years. So, I thought I'd give these a try on this model.

I prepared some line for the tiller ropes and also for some line to secure a few blocks into place on the model, and managed to do a little rigging. There's a little more to do before I mount the stern castle into place.

Clare
Attached Thumbnails
Bremen Cog - 1/72 scale Shipyard kit-img_1612.jpg   Bremen Cog - 1/72 scale Shipyard kit-img_1620.jpg   Bremen Cog - 1/72 scale Shipyard kit-img_1623.jpg   Bremen Cog - 1/72 scale Shipyard kit-img_1625.jpg   Bremen Cog - 1/72 scale Shipyard kit-img_1611.jpg  

Blog: shipmodeler.wordpress.com