View Single Post

Old 11-28-2020, 02:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Boeing P26 Peashooter: Printing Started!

Well after several weeks of part time drawing, printed page 3 of the new P26 Peashooter project. Still need to do the wing-spar.

Tried to make it as close to 1/6 scale as I could, needed to make some changes here and there to keep it to actual scale size, not identical to scale for some of the parts.

Parts have been modified for flight and ease of construction.

Going way over board on the printing for this model!

Photo paper used is called Simply Elegant Silver Metallic. I bought a 24 inch x 100feet long roll back in 2014. Just checked, it is no longer available.

Cost per 2ft x 3ft print sheet is around $15 for the photo paper and $3 for ink coverage. 7-sheets + 1 sheet of 125lb Tag will be needed. The Tag Cardstock will be for patterns that need made out of balsa wood. No sense in printing on expensive stuff.

Since it is a silver based photo paper with underlying glitter, it turns ink into 3D paint!!!!! It requires a clear coat to seal it. You have about 10-days before it starts to smudge! This is the reason foe one sheet at a time. Get the sheets printed for specific parts, make the parts then seal with Clear Gloss Acrylic UV spray. Print next set and so forth till done.

At issue is the color White. My inkjet printer doesn't have white as an option. Found some really cool looking White Glitter 104LB cardstock as shown in the photo for doing the white areas as "decals".

As you can see, Yellow Looks like gold and Gold looks like darker gold! Yes, it really is that shiny, photo does not show true look: Rubber Band Power-pict1003.jpg

Rubber Band Power-pict0999.jpg

Rubber Band Power-pict1002.jpg

Rubber Band Power-pict1005.jpg

Here is the pack of white glitter from Wal Mart. 10-sheets cost around 50-cents each. $5+ for the ten pack. Colors Really Jump Out and Look Alive!!!!:

Rubber Band Power-pict1001.jpg

Mike

Last edited by mbauer; 11-28-2020 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Forgot Clear Coat