View Single Post

Old 09-03-2009, 11:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stev0 View Post
The only thing I can think of at this time is polygonal vs nurb modeling for final model output. What I am getting at is flowing shapes vs segmented ones that one typically sees with a polygonal model.

This advice is a little late though as you have already designed the digital model and are about to flatten it for pattern.

Not to throw you off track, I would have to reserve comments to a vanilla build.

Keep up the good work though.
When I hear nurb modeling my eyes glaze over a bit. Seems to complex for me at my level. I'm not even really sure what it is and how it can be employed for papermodels. Do you have some examples I can look at? Also what tools are required for nurb modeling? From what I can tell it seems like it is well suited to organic modeling like people and animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWebdude View Post
You're well on your way! Looking great! (Professional opinion). The only hold back to whether or not I'll build it (when finished design is available) will be size of parts ( I prefer larger, easier to handle - this also opens the way to more and better detail). Everything so far appears to be in my 'comfort zone'. Those who love em' small-tiny-miniscule-microscopic can always find a way to scale it down themselves.
Thanks! Well, I won't lie to you--there are some small parts that might require the aid of a toothpick to build. These small details I couldn't leave out because I feared it would make the model a little flatter than I wanted. Of course, one could easily omit some of the smaller details and no one would really be the wiser. I'll leave that up to you if you choose to build it.

-LD