View Single Post

Old 12-15-2020, 09:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Exclamation Cockpit

As I stated earlier, this jet version of the propeller riven jet did not need to have a tunnel/housing cover for the long prop shaft that ran thru the cockpit. However, the kit does not reflect it. So I eliminated that feature.

Here is the floor with covering where needed to remove the shaft cover.
Kugisho R2Y2 Keiun experimental concept jet-img_3047.jpg

and all the details provided.
Kugisho R2Y2 Keiun experimental concept jet-img_3048.jpgKugisho R2Y2 Keiun experimental concept jet-img_3049.jpgKugisho R2Y2 Keiun experimental concept jet-img_3050.jpgKugisho R2Y2 Keiun experimental concept jet-img_3051.jpg

The structure in back of the cockpit will be inserted to the center fuselage after it is joined to the nose, thus completing the cockpit.
Kugisho R2Y2 Keiun experimental concept jet-img_3052.jpgKugisho R2Y2 Keiun experimental concept jet-img_3053.jpg

the inner side walls
Kugisho R2Y2 Keiun experimental concept jet-img_3054.jpg
Kugisho R2Y2 Keiun experimental concept jet-img_3055.jpgKugisho R2Y2 Keiun experimental concept jet-img_3056.jpgKugisho R2Y2 Keiun experimental concept jet-img_3057.jpg
Kugisho R2Y2 Keiun experimental concept jet-img_3059.jpg

now the external fuselage skins
Kugisho R2Y2 Keiun experimental concept jet-img_3061.jpgKugisho R2Y2 Keiun experimental concept jet-img_3063.jpg

insert the cockpit and glue in place.
Kugisho R2Y2 Keiun experimental concept jet-img_3064.jpgKugisho R2Y2 Keiun experimental concept jet-img_3065.jpg

Note: after inserting the cockpit, I noted interference with the aft seat on the left ( where the observer sat in the recon version. However, this being a fast bomber, I doubt that the bombardier/navigator would seat in that cramped position. For now, I am not relocating it.

also, the pilot control wheel assembly is offset to the right side. On the prop version, that is needed since the prop shaft ran thru the center under the pilot seat. However, in my opinion, the jet version should have had it in front to the pilot using a stick.

........ since this is a concept plane, it did not go far in the design phase, so anything is possible as to the cockpit layout.

Isaac