View Single Post

Old 12-18-2020, 12:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 865.44 MB
Not to worry, Glen. I just know that the on some builds, it seems to make sense as a nice way to get great seams. So far, this is working for me! (see below). I saw a person making this same model on Youtube and that's how they did it as well.

Things are fitting well and my seams are the best I've ever made. I made the first few skins all one giant, piece rather than my usual adding them to the frame strip by strip. Sliding this "sleeve" over the skeleton looks great. Most of the shots below are just test fitting but it looks good to my eye.

I'm not sure what "WPS" means but I hope it's "Cut out after you attach" or something. I do think I'll need to cut out the large exhaust hole before I cement this forward skin on. Maybe I'll make the exhaust stubs first and then...? Not sure which to do first. We'll see.

We'll see how far I get in the next couple of days. I am so surprised that all the panel lines, shark teeth, rivets etc. all match up. I'm not used to this!

More soon,
Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Halinski Curtiss Tomahawk IIB: A slow but steady build-img_6136.jpg   Halinski Curtiss Tomahawk IIB: A slow but steady build-img_6137.jpg   Halinski Curtiss Tomahawk IIB: A slow but steady build-img_6138.jpg   Halinski Curtiss Tomahawk IIB: A slow but steady build-img_6139.jpg   Halinski Curtiss Tomahawk IIB: A slow but steady build-img_6140.jpg