View Single Post

Old 01-03-2021, 11:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 115.38 MB
Central Pacific n°60 "Jupiter" 1/25

Hello ladies and gentlemen, it's been a while since I started a topic on this forum... a huge while even, if I'm not mistaken it's about 5 years ago with my build of Modelik's Cn2t (a project that I have promised myself to finish next).

Anyway, I've had the Jupiter in my stash for a couple of years, and since discovering Modelperry's buildlog of this machine I finally grew the ..lls to start it.

The result may not as good as that of other builders, but since my eyes are getting worse I have learned to accept my limits.

PART I : The Frame

The start... nothing special there, the only difference seem to be that the thicker (2mm) parts are now included in the lc set.

On with the springs :

The axis something that tend to not work very well for me... this time however, I took my time and I'm satisfied with them :

The front support for the kettle went to together without any problems, fit was exellent :

The next part of the frame was a bit of a mistery for me (even though I'm am (actually : WAS) a shuntingdriver myself, I have no idea what these things are supposed to be :

But we got them in there :

The frame resting on my mug... you can see the type of loc I used to drive till a couple of months ago

PART II : The Wheels

Nothing much to say about them, except that they went together like a charm :

Even without a jig :

And finally with some paint on them :

I have no picture of it, but for the rim of the wheels I have used the markers I have fallen in love with : Motow acrylic markers.
In this case it's marker nr 703.103 : Liquid Chrome 4mm.