View Single Post

Old 01-07-2021, 11:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 158.97 MB
He-115 Winter camo scratchbuild

The He 115 was a general purpose floatplane, suitable for patrol and for anti-shipping strikes with bombs and torpedoes. It was not an heroic plane, it made not to the great news or did incredible feats. It just was a good plane, good looking, that did it's job as requested.
Personally, long time ago I assembled the Matchbox plastic model of this plane and, like I did with the Stranraer, I feld the need to rebuild it as a paper model. But seen that there is not a model of this plane, I decided to make mine.

Seen the documentation, I found the only existing surviving airchaft, now being restored here Heinkel115 project – Responsible publisher of this website is Flyhistorisk Museum Sola

But I'll probably make at least another version, the one depicted in the matchbox box in winter camo. The original scale is going to be 1/72, but like my Stranraer, it will be later rescaled to 1/33.
Attached Thumbnails
He-115 Winter camo scratchbuild-he-115-instructions-10-.jpg   He-115 Winter camo scratchbuild-he-115-matchbox.jpg