View Single Post

Old 01-07-2021, 05:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 254.35 MB
1/87 scale sand silos and elevator

I was searching for a simple industrial siding for the covered hoppers on my 1/87 (HO) scale layout and found the silos and elevator in the attached photo. I was originally going to scratch build using styrene but decided to try a paper model instead. I am starting with the shortest of the 3 silos. There is still more work to be done like the hand railings and connecting pipes from the elevator. Because I can’t see what is on top (even with Google Satellite photos), I am guessing there is either an access hatch or an inspection standpipe or both and I am still searching Google images for confirmation. Usually, the reason someone has to climb to the top of the silo is to change air filters in the dust collector. From the photo, I can only see what appears to be a vent or safety relief valve. Also, from the photo, the ladder appears to extend to the ground. Most ladders are 7-8 feet up in the air. Unless, someone forgot to remove extension ladder in which case I will shorten the ladder on my model.
Attached Thumbnails
1/87 scale sand silos and elevator-elevator-silos.jpg   1/87 scale sand silos and elevator-1-short-silo-parts-4384.jpg   1/87 scale sand silos and elevator-2-short-silo-subassemblies-4386.jpg   1/87 scale sand silos and elevator-3-short-silo-without-railings-4387.jpg