View Single Post

Old 01-17-2021, 01:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 264.09 MB
Next step is to make the ground plan with the vertical half shape, which I shall call the longeron, and attach the bulkheads to it.
The tank has a circular cross section, so the bulkheads are circles. As you can see, I numbered the bulkheads A to E, see pic 1. The center section is cilindrical, so there are two bulkheads A.
I made slits in the longeron and all the bulkheads and glued them at the appropriate places on the bulkhead, see pic 2.
With little strips of cardboard to position the assembly of longeron and bulkheads on the base, I put the whole together, pic 3.

You will notice, that the base is glued to an oversized base card board. That is because I intend to hold the tracing paper clamped to this base with clothes pins, see pic 4.
YK, how did you did that on the Whitley?

With the tracing paper in place, you can see the edges of the bulkheads and the logeron through the tracing paper, and with a pencil, I carefully followed the outlines and marked them on the tracing paper.

I found out, that you must make sure, that the longeron and bulkheads be truely perpendicular to each other. So let's see what comes out of this action.
Attached Thumbnails
Super Constellation tip tank-2-base-former.jpg   Super Constellation tip tank-3-half-tank-bulkheads.jpg   Super Constellation tip tank-4-half-tank-bulkheads-front-.jpg   Super Constellation tip tank-5-tracing-paper-one-segment.jpg