View Single Post

Old 01-22-2021, 10:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 254.35 MB
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I followed up on everyone of them. It is amazing how much research can be done on line. I certainly learned a lot. Not enough to actually buy one of these in real life, but enough to know that some parts are not optional. I could not see any explosion (safety) vent on the elevator in the photo and assumed there is one on top, even though the elevator that I am modeling is used for sand. It is just a reminder if I decide to build another bucket elevator for a grain industry that explosion vents are not optional. I am also going to assume there is an above ground drag conveyor to get the sand from the rail gravity dump to the elevator. The sub assemblies for drag conveyor and the bucket elevator are done. Still waiting to be built are the “bag house” or rectangular bin, the piping from the elevator to each of the silo, from the tallest silo to the other shorter silos, and the catwalks between the silos.
Attached Thumbnails
1/87 scale sand silos and elevator-8-elevator-4426.jpg   1/87 scale sand silos and elevator-9-motor-4433.jpg   1/87 scale sand silos and elevator-10-platforms-4436.jpg