View Single Post

Old 01-23-2021, 04:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
Tomahawk quick and dirty

This is what happen when you are following your building program, and you get distracted and then inspired by a fellow modeler. That happen while admiring Mr. Smith's Tomahawk IIB, slow but steady build and awesome!

The Australian Tomahawks ruled the Levant skies during Operation Exporter, loosing only one to enemy action!

Halinski Curtiss Tomahawk IIB: A slow but steady build

Mine is quick and dirty build. I had it for some time and it met my criteria for a "quickie": single engine, one piece fuselage and wings, and minimal pieces. This is a partial recolor of the Micromodels, and I preserved the somewhat duck egg green of the undersides for convenience. I also recolored Bruno's P-40 B/C but I opted for the one with the least pieces so I may finish it in one sitting.

Originally I did a Kittyhawk, but they didn't arrive until later. Also you may compare them to the Hawk 75 of Trotskiy and Rockpaperscissor's recolor of Rigby. All of them have building issues by the modeler not the designers. I hope you like them.
Attached Thumbnails
Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3021.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3026.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3027.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3028.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3029.jpg  

Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3030.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3031.jpg   Fighting the wrong enemy-pict3032.jpg