View Single Post

Old 02-08-2021, 03:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 6.21 GB
Fallen Timbers US Navy Oiler Free

PHOTO 1
Inspired by witnessing Barney Leon’s Oiler presentation back in June of 2019
I located a Navy Fleet Oiler paper model free download here: papermodelers.com

PHOTOS 2 & 2A
At the Planes of Fame Museum, Chino , Airport.**6/9/19 our fellow World War II member of the B-17 Combat Crewmen and Wingmen’s organization, (B-17 CC&W) Barney Leone talked about his service aboard the USS Nemasket at Iwo Jima, Okinawa, Phillippine Islands, and Chiina. Yup; he was Navy.
Barney has been giving his war time experience presentation at schools.**The flag we are posing with was flying on the**USS Nemasket just a few hundred yards off the shore*of Iwo Jima when six US Marines raised a US Flag atop Mount Suribachi. That
moment*had such an impact on Barney he asked to be given Nemasket’s flag when it was later replaced.**He has held onto it dearly ever since.

PHOTO 3Internet Photo
SS FALLEN TIMBERS Type T2-SEE-A1
WW2 U.S. Navy Fleet Oiler

PHOTO 4
Three Parts pages
Printed on letter size 110 Lb cardstock
Page boarder should measure 10 X 7 for 1/600 Scale.
My parts pages printed out at 9 X 6 3/8*making the tiny parts that much smaller.

PHOTO 5
To figure out where al the little stuff goes, large reference print outs of the illustrated instructions were made due to my computer located upstairs and my hobby work surface in the garage.

PHOTOS 6, 7 & 8
Instruction picture show Keel and Bulkhead parts with tabs yet there are no tabs on printed parts. Tabs were added to conform with instruction photos.

PHOTOS 9 & 10
Deck added. Life boats were assembled ahead of time out of curiosity.

PHOTO 11
Bridge installed.

PHOTOS 12 &13
Assembling ladders

PHOTO 14 & 15
Anchor Windlass parts cut out and assembled.

PHOTO 16
Carley Floats
PHOTOS 17 &18
Hatches punched out, assembled and installed.

PHOTO 19
Walkway supports installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Free Model Contest #6-1.jpg   Free Model Contest #6-2.jpg   Free Model Contest #6-2a.jpg   Free Model Contest #6-3.jpg   Free Model Contest #6-4.jpg  

Free Model Contest #6-5.jpg   Free Model Contest #6-6.jpg   Free Model Contest #6-7.jpg   Free Model Contest #6-8.jpg   Free Model Contest #6-9.jpg  

Free Model Contest #6-10.jpg   Free Model Contest #6-11.jpg   Free Model Contest #6-12.jpg   Free Model Contest #6-13.jpg   Free Model Contest #6-14.jpg  

Free Model Contest #6-15.jpg   Free Model Contest #6-16.jpg   Free Model Contest #6-17.jpg   Free Model Contest #6-18.jpg   Free Model Contest #6-19.jpg