View Single Post

Old 02-12-2021, 10:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 254.35 MB
The sand silos are finally completed: the railings, distributor, supply pipes from the distributor to each of the yellow silos and the bin (the photo did not show piping to the oxide colored skirted silo), piping from the tallest silo to the short and skirted silos, access hatches, vents, and lift rings (so the silos can be lifted up and into place with a crane). As a way of giving back to paper modeling community, I am posting the patterns and instructions to the download section for who ever wants it. If anyone plans to use this for cement, let me know and I will design and post patterns for the vent filters as the photo of the model that I built did not show any. Those dust filters are between waist and chest high and you can’t miss them in a photo.

My next project will be an ACF 4650 cu ft 3-bay centerflow covered hopper to deliver material to the silos and a pneumatic bulk trailer to pick up the material and haul to a job site.
Attached Thumbnails
1/87 scale sand silos and elevator-17-distributor-pipes-4673.jpg   1/87 scale sand silos and elevator-18-distributor-pipes-4676.jpg   1/87 scale sand silos and elevator-19-distributor-pipes-4669.jpg