View Single Post

Old 02-21-2021, 04:23 PM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
Excerpts from “el comunicado” sent to Radék de la Sol del Santa Crúz de Brazil…

“…Marzo Anno Domini 1669…

. . . How did we come into possession of your famous self-brewed rum? . . . . . you may not have known . . . after you were robbed by the sea devil Captain Henry Morgan, not all of the 20 barrels of your most famous rum went up in flames with HMS Oxford. Captain Morgan somehow escaped the blast, fire and destruction with his life, his blade and pistol, and 5 barrels of the rum. Being in desperate circumstances, the Captain sold it to a Portuguese coastal trader from Cuba. Sometime Later . . . While I was cavorting in the market in Santiago . . . and while avoiding the scrutiny from sentries of the abhorrent English . . God forbid . . , I recognized from the strong odor of it, to be the rum of Radek Del La Sol! It cost me dearly. The scurvy dog black market trader, smelling of old fish and West Indian tobacco, refused to part with it for no less than 10 gold cruzados!!…………. Blessed Mother Mary forgive me, I paid for it. Now my shipwrights, blacksmiths and trabalhadores will not work without a daily allotment of the stuff. They swear by the royal crown of King Afonso VI that yours is the finest. I threatened them every one with famishment if they do not keep it far removed from open flames God help us all !!

Tu fiel aliado,
Miguél De Nevado Norte

Posdata: . . . Por supuesto! . . . unknown to Miguél De Nevado Norte . . . the “el communicado” sent to Radek Del La Sol “…Marzo Anno Domini 1669…” would not reach its intended recipient for some time if ever, after the interruption of Senhor Del La Sol’s voyage aboard the Flor de Mayo by the “god-abandoned” Captain Thomas Bartholomew Redd!!

Last edited by Michael Mash; 02-21-2021 at 05:04 PM.