View Single Post

Old 02-27-2021, 03:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 143.14 MB
Life size left arm of Neil started

Dear all

So I have made a start on the arms of the life size model. I an beginning with Neil's left arm. It seems such a long time ago since I last actually made a part of the actual model. It is very satisfying to be making actual parts of the model again

So the arm is basically a series of cones. The parts are still huge and split over two pages of A3

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14056.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14057.jpg

And join together to form a big part

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14058.jpg

I decide to make all the parts for the arm into their "cone" shape first and then to assemble them. So here are the next three cones

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14059.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14060.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14061.jpg

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14062.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14063.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14064.jpg

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14065.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14067.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14068.jpg

The last cone is a very thin part which forms the end of the sleeve of the suit as it narrows to the wrist. Since I am using tabs, I have to cut the tabs in staggered fashion to avoid the part simply ripping

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14069.jpg

And here is the part joined up into a cone

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14070.jpg

So I have now made all the cone parts of the arm

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14071.jpg

So next is onto their assemble

Regards

Kevin