View Single Post

Old 03-26-2021, 09:15 AM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
This is a very interesting discussion Lex. Regarding 3D printers: Of course, the model ship that is made by a 3D printer is going to be made of plastic, not paper. So there is a big difference between the two. This is a chance for me to make a minor point about 3D printers in general: They are not really printers. I think the more accurate term for them is “Computer Guided Fabrication Machines/Devices”. It is unfortunate in my opinion that the term “printer” got stuck to them and has become widely used.

I think it is a good idea to make clear to those watching our work, what kind of materials we are using, and how the various parts and assemblies are made (if not handmade). You do an excellent job of that, and I can speak for myself that I always try to keep forum members informed when I don’t use card or paper. Personally, I prefer to be able to make the claim that my work is “handmade”. However, the day may arrive when a Laser Cutter makes it possible for me to extend my paper crafting career out far longer that what otherwise would have been possible.

By the way: Very nice funnels!

Best Regards,
Mike

Last edited by Michael Mash; 03-26-2021 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Revise spelling