View Single Post

Old 04-03-2021, 03:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.08 MB
Thanks for the nice comments, Radek.

I've been extremely neglectful about posting here, I see. But, I did set the model aside to deal with some family matters and then my wooden model projects(!).

I'm actually quite close to completing this Hanse Kogge von Bremen kit, so it's time to put some more focus on it and get it done.

Lately, I've been discovering parts on the sheets that should have been added to the model earlier. I had to dig back through the instruction images to find out where they go, and mostly found them.

However, I did discover some parts that the instructions missed. But, I manged to figure out where they went and got them into place.

Now, aside from the various little doo-dad parts, I'm starting to deal with more rigging issues. And, since the linen thread that comes with the kit is pure white, I've started dying it in preparation for use on the model. I've mostly used some wood dye to color the line. For darker, tarred line, I happen to have a jar of the old Floquil Marine Colors Dark Stockholm Tar Rigging Stain. Mostly, turns the line a dark brownish gray.
Attached Thumbnails
Bremen Cog - 1/72 scale Shipyard kit-img_1825.jpg   Bremen Cog - 1/72 scale Shipyard kit-img_1826.jpg   Bremen Cog - 1/72 scale Shipyard kit-img_1829.jpg   Bremen Cog - 1/72 scale Shipyard kit-img_1832.jpg   Bremen Cog - 1/72 scale Shipyard kit-img_2280.jpg  

Bremen Cog - 1/72 scale Shipyard kit-img_2302.jpg   Bremen Cog - 1/72 scale Shipyard kit-img_2301.jpg   Bremen Cog - 1/72 scale Shipyard kit-img_2303.jpg   Bremen Cog - 1/72 scale Shipyard kit-img_2304.jpg   Bremen Cog - 1/72 scale Shipyard kit-img_2305.jpg  

Bremen Cog - 1/72 scale Shipyard kit-img_2308.jpg   Bremen Cog - 1/72 scale Shipyard kit-img_2309.jpg  

Blog: shipmodeler.wordpress.com