View Single Post

Old 04-12-2021, 10:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.08 MB
Kind of a small update here, but an update none the less...

Over the past couple days, I finished making the mast and shaping the yardarm.

With the yardarm done, I laced the sail to it. Like lacing the bonnet to the main sail, it took a little while. But, the results were good and I'm happy with how it went.

I'm now preparing the rigging line for the next step, which is to add the shrouds to the mast. This includes attaching the shrouds, turning each around a deadeye, and then reeving the lanyards through the deadeyes to secure them into place.

Looks like I'm also ready to add the reefing points to the sail. These are short pieces of rope used to tie up part of the sail to the yardarm to reduce the sail area in heavy winds.

The kit instructions simplify this task a bit by attaching separate pieces of riggign line to both sides of the sail. I'm normally used to threading a single piece of line through the sail. Following the method shown in the instructions means that I don't have to poke holes in the sail.
Attached Thumbnails
Bremen Cog - 1/72 scale Shipyard kit-img_2358.jpg   Bremen Cog - 1/72 scale Shipyard kit-img_2359.jpg   Bremen Cog - 1/72 scale Shipyard kit-img_2360.jpg  

Blog: shipmodeler.wordpress.com