View Single Post

Old 04-13-2021, 11:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchbuilt View Post
Dear modelers

In order to maintain good and precise building results I am checking the KLM version to the limit. Here are some of my latest results and still I am finding things to improve on, to alter or to add although most fittings prove to be correct and are very pleasing to the eye. The tail section has been improved by adding a curved beading edge to strengthen the structure and now it is rigid and ready to be cladded with the outer panels. Also I had to add all the hinges necessary to make ailerons, flaps, rudder and elevons moveable or better said positionable (You can glue it in the position you want within the natural limits).So still a lot of work to be done, but these critical parts take most of the building time. Next will be finishing the tail section and moving on to wings, engines and main gear. I will not post every week because of lack of time but will be sending pictures to Diderick so he can publish them. Do not be afraid of buying this model, it is complex, but doable enough for the accomplished builder. For really easier versions try other models of DC-6 of DC-7 versions published by others like Schreiber etc.

Thank you for your interest

greetings
Cor the designer
The intricate tail looks great!

Isaac