View Single Post

Old 06-20-2021, 12:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 113.01 MB

While the structure and the lifting arm assemblies are drying, it is time to cut out all of the rest of the parts.

Make the wheels by forming the tread into a cylinder, then gluing the inside and outside disks to them.

I am building this model so that the lifting arms and table are moveable (pose-able), so I have to cut away the bottom of the aft hole on the outward lift arms so it will not interfere with the straight pin which I will use as a pivot. This will not show on the completed model.

Now to trim the other arm.

It is very fiddly, but I attach the lifting arms to the cab frame with straight pins. Once I get the pins in place, I apply glue to the outside of the frame at each of the four pin penetrations. When the glue dries, I use a side cutter plier to cut off the pointy end of the pins. Best to wait until everything is dry before attempting to attach the table.

Similar, but even more fiddly and frustrating are the straight pin pivots for the lifting table. Here to I apply glue to the pins at the table penetrations and I leave it dry before cutting off the pins.