View Single Post

Old 07-03-2021, 01:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.08 MB
I've run into a slight issue on the piece of hull planking that includes the garboard strake. There's no registration marks to help make sure these planking strips are lined up properly.

I just finished the sternpost and now making the stem/beakhead as well. I think for this last planking strips, I'm going to have to ignore the pattern of planks printed on them, and just cut and shape them to fit the final gaps. Painting the bottom coating will hide any planking errors pretty well I think, but I'm a little concerned about the joint between the hull and the sternpost. You can see there's a bit of a gap.

I suppose I will have to use a little filler of some kind. Hopefully, this won't be an issue.

Also, as you can see in one of the photos, I have some trouble near the bow with the hull starting to deform. This may be mostly invisible as it is on the underside, and I have haven't done any cleanup of the hull planking yet. So, we'll see.
Attached Thumbnails
Dutch Fluit Schwarzer Rabe, 1627 - Shipyard 1/96 by catopower-img_2688.jpg   Dutch Fluit Schwarzer Rabe, 1627 - Shipyard 1/96 by catopower-img_2678.jpg   Dutch Fluit Schwarzer Rabe, 1627 - Shipyard 1/96 by catopower-img_2690.jpg   Dutch Fluit Schwarzer Rabe, 1627 - Shipyard 1/96 by catopower-img_2693.jpg   Dutch Fluit Schwarzer Rabe, 1627 - Shipyard 1/96 by catopower-img_2695.jpg  

Blog: shipmodeler.wordpress.com