View Single Post

Old 08-30-2021, 12:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 694.82 MB
Vintage shipplans from Popular Science magazine and Popular Mechanics magazine

Ok, as a reply in a side discussion in the My 1:1200 IJN Tone & Mogami class heavy cruisers craft by Lou Coatney about books/publications vintage sphip plans, I'd like to post some ship plans from the 1920's, 1930's and 1940 and perhaps 1950's published in the Popular Sciense (PS) magazine and Popular Mechanics (PM) magazine. A large part of both magazines have been digitized by Google a few years ago, and is available for you to read on Google Books.
I could recommend you'd browse the collection yourself for plans if interested, because it wasn't just shipping model plans, but you'd could build your own model aircraft and model cars

So in this thread I'll post some ship plans I collected myself, but this is just a small part of available ship plans, as I'm not interested in sailing vessels I did not download them, but sailing vessels are an important part of the published plans....There is a Santa Maria and there is a HMS Bounty
Again my advise is to browse the collection yourself

I'll start with the smallest scales

1-1200 CV-5 USS Yorktown, published in april 1939 in PS

1-1200 CL-41 USS Philadelphia, published in february 1939 in PS

1-1200 Pre-WW2 US Destroyers and Submarine, published in june 1939 in PS
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage shipplans from Popular Science magazine and Popular Mechanics magazine-uss_philadelphia-001.jpg   Vintage shipplans from Popular Science magazine and Popular Mechanics magazine-uss_philadelphia-002.jpg   Vintage shipplans from Popular Science magazine and Popular Mechanics magazine-pre-ww2_-us_destroyers-001.jpg   Vintage shipplans from Popular Science magazine and Popular Mechanics magazine-pre-ww2_-us_destroyers-002.jpg   Vintage shipplans from Popular Science magazine and Popular Mechanics magazine-pre-ww2_-us_destroyers-003.jpg  

Vintage shipplans from Popular Science magazine and Popular Mechanics magazine-uss_yorktown-001.jpg   Vintage shipplans from Popular Science magazine and Popular Mechanics magazine-uss_yorktown-002.jpg