View Single Post

Old 09-08-2021, 07:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.15 MB
Good Evening,

Now there are two more levels of windows for the Air Traffic Controllers, this time on the forward end of the island.

The inboard wall of the island angles in to get around the mast (seen in the first photo, to the right of the blue windows). The corners of this cutout tend to flatten out since neither the bottom nor the top of this wall are attached to anything right now. However, I needed these walls to remain perpendicular so that the new window rows could be attached with the best alignment. To fix this, I added some "tension straps" inside the structure, shown in the second photo, to pull the corners back to 90 degrees. These are simply strips of card I cut from the margin of one sheet. First I glued one onto the wall and let it dry, and then glued the other end onto the cutout while pulling the corner to perpendicular. It worked pretty well, I think, and only took a couple of minutes.

Next, the deck above these windows is assembled (Part 10 group).

Best regards,
Kurt
Attached Thumbnails
1/250 USS Forrestal aircraft carrier (Wilhelmshaven)-img_1882.jpg   1/250 USS Forrestal aircraft carrier (Wilhelmshaven)-img_1878.jpg