View Single Post

Old 10-17-2021, 05:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
This is a supplement to above.It might come handy to some builders of Bruno models.

Here are pictures of one of my methods of building spar for small models in 1:100 and 1:72 scale.I roll a paper tube on a dowel to about a diameter of a thickness of wings at root (by the fuselage).
I cut small V in the middle-this allows me to bend tube into desired angle of dihedral of a wing.Some planes like A-20 have very pronounced angle while others like SB-2 have near flat wing. Look up drawings to get right angle.
Angle of dihedral is held on tube by glued strip of scrap paper on top. Make that strip round on a dowel so it hugs spar nicely.
Drill or punch holes in fuselage where spar goes. Look from the front of nose at spar and make it equal on both sides.Glue it in place.
Flatten the ends of tube spar gradually from end to root to mimic thickness of a wing.
Wings can be glued on.

I added a couple of pictures of engine gondolas since there are two ways of building them. One on pictures is a better one imho. Other one can be seen on pictures of Russian A-20.