View Single Post

Old 11-13-2021, 11:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
Good to be back and see/hear/read old friends Kevin and David. Today I got all three decks in place without any major hickups. Delt with all the aforementioned issues and I'm good to move on plating the upper sides of the hull. All the pieces are already cut.

It's suprising how solid and stiff these hulls become with only glue, cardboard and paper. Rock solid almost.

While waiting the glue to set there's time to do little tests. I detailed the little hatch a bit and did a test on how to present a fixture for the deadeyes. Made the mock up deadeye fast and the tried abhovi's clever trick to twist a copper wire to imitate the chains used at that time to attach them to the hull. I think it will work nicely. After I practice a bit more.

BR Tappi
Attached Thumbnails
His Majesty's Barque Endeavour 1768 - 1/96 model by Shipyard-img_8522.jpg   His Majesty's Barque Endeavour 1768 - 1/96 model by Shipyard-img_8523.jpg   His Majesty's Barque Endeavour 1768 - 1/96 model by Shipyard-img_8524.jpg   His Majesty's Barque Endeavour 1768 - 1/96 model by Shipyard-img_8519.jpg   His Majesty's Barque Endeavour 1768 - 1/96 model by Shipyard-img_8511.jpg