View Single Post

Old 11-16-2021, 01:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
So very good to see you too Don! And your not late, these are just first steps of a long walk by just looking at the part count and many subassemblies ahead not to mention the daunting rigging.

One problem I have is that I haven't been able to find build threads of this particular model anywwhere. There's one here and it helped me to go through some issues with the first layer of plating the hull. I've looked through the German, French and Mediterranian forums that I know but no luck so far. If anybody stumbles on a build thread of this paper model I'd be very happy to know.

One question for shipmodelers: should I seal the hull at this stage with lacquer. I would think that would protect the first layer from warping when the planking (final layer) is installed. So far I've just lightly sanded the hull and done some minor surgery to smoothen her a bit. Any advice is much appreciated.

Third question is what point/line/height should be chosen as a reference level when starting the final planking. I'm not too confident of the parts fit because I noticed a small verping in the hull when workin wit the first plating. I have been thinking that I should first work the inward sides of the hull at deck level first and then turn to work on the outside and drop everyting in palace downwards to the keel. Does this sound right or am I just over thinking this issue?

I post few pictures soon.

Thanks in advance...

Tappi