View Single Post

Old 11-17-2021, 01:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
I've decided to seal the hull and I get the spray lacquer on Friday. My idle hands got restles and so did my mind - I needed a small side project.

Remember that cute stove in the kit that got hidden under the weather deck? I came to wonder could I make a presentation of a 18th centurish ship's firehearth or stove. I found some pictures in the internet and off I went. Here is the stove at present stage. All scratch built from paper, card and copperwire.

This doesn't represent any particular spove or stove type (maybe Brodie stoves are close), I just tried to incorporate various ideas I found from the pictures into the build. Things that interested me and we're typical at the time.

Tomorrow I add few mode details and then I'll paint and weather the thing. Hope you like this spinn-off project so far.

BR Tappi
Attached Thumbnails
His Majesty's Barque Endeavour 1768 - 1/96 model by Shipyard-liesi1.jpg   His Majesty's Barque Endeavour 1768 - 1/96 model by Shipyard-liesi2.jpg   His Majesty's Barque Endeavour 1768 - 1/96 model by Shipyard-liesi3.jpg