View Single Post

Old 11-18-2021, 12:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.42 GB
Boeing 787-8 LOT Polish Airlines SP-LRF

Greetings, fellow modellers!

Edwin Rodríguez of Hermercraft had recently put together a fabulous new kit of the Boeing 787 in all three variants, which I was very eager to paint in the colours of the flag carrier of Poland.

For this occasion, Edwin devised a pre-release plan to support his work, where donators could chip in and gain access to the kits to build or repaint. He's nearing the donation goal, so the good news is that the kit will be freely available very soon!

After some mucking around on Inkscape, I finished the repaint, which has special markings on the nose, the name "Franek", which was named by the airline's passengers. Below the markings, I added the Polish text "Imię wybrane przez naszych Pasażerów" on the left side and the english equivalent on the right with a closely matching font, Maven Pro.

I downscaled the 1/120 model to roughly 1/200, which turned out to be a very nice scale to work on. Although I had to omit some small parts, the model is still very detailed. A full-scale build will really do justice to the accurate labels and rivets, which Edwin very meticulously researched and added to the templates.

A few rough edges here and there, but I really enjoyed building this one. I'm sure aviation fans here would also fancy giving this kit a try, a very pleasing model to put together!