View Single Post

Old 11-21-2021, 09:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
Thanks Radek, usefull advice once again. I think the mistake I made was when reading the instructions I made the assumption that the final skin panels could be glued as is. Now that I've looked the instructions again those can be interpeted the other way too > laminate them on 0,5 mm card. Would have made huge difference I guess. Well, you model you learn.

Other thing I learned is that never judge your work under the workbench lights. Too direct, too hars. Check the appearance under indirect lights only.

I did pre-form all the panel in every direction imaginable and the tool I used is a bookbinders bone folder. Very handy tool and works with heavy cardstock too. No need for steaming.

Few pictures: freehand cutting skills re-juvenated, pre-formed wales and finally the hull under much forgiving indirect light (took my photobooth out, a tad too small for this project though). All is well, starboard side done I'll turn to port side now.

After that look at the overall appearance as a whole and decide if further actions are needeed. I'd love to finish this model as intended without any paint jobs. But we'll see. Thanks again both Kevin and Radek.

BR Tappi
Attached Thumbnails
His Majesty's Barque Endeavour 1768 - 1/96 model by Shipyard-vapaalla-kaedellae.jpg   His Majesty's Barque Endeavour 1768 - 1/96 model by Shipyard-wales.jpg   His Majesty's Barque Endeavour 1768 - 1/96 model by Shipyard-epaesuora-valo.jpg   His Majesty's Barque Endeavour 1768 - 1/96 model by Shipyard-all-well.jpg