View Single Post

Old 11-27-2021, 11:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
@RdK and birder, thanks for poppin'n in, I'm glad that you like what you see.

@Joe711 This forum is very helpfull, all you need is just ask. Though I seem to 'complain' a bit it's just conflict between ambition and results. So far I'm very happy with the ship.

Isn't it nice when ones kids come to that age they start helping us parents. That's just the best in my opinion.

@Mike, good that it's fun otherwise I would have to tone down that 'adventurous' part of the build. I appreciate you visiting the thread.

I made a little test. Tried to build the ship's smallest boat without the frame it is intended to build on. That is to build the hull with just the hull plates, forming them gently and glueing them edge-to-edge with gluetabs on the inside). It can be done and it offers a nicer 'authentic' looking structure inside the boat (no walls under the benches and so on).

The other reason was to practice before I build the real ones and test paper and cardboard weights and so on. That was the best lesson learned, I used way too thick material on this one. There are so many mini kits to build to have a ship, I like it.

Disclaimer: No original kit parts were harmed, misused or destroyed during this tryout. Photocopies only.

BR Tappi
Attached Thumbnails
His Majesty's Barque Endeavour 1768 - 1/96 model by Shipyard-paatti.jpg   His Majesty's Barque Endeavour 1768 - 1/96 model by Shipyard-paatti2.jpg