View Single Post

Old 12-02-2021, 05:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.92 MB
Got side tracked with some new tools I received for my birthday. Got the fancy Japanese hole punch, 1-5mm diameter punches in .5mm increments. This tool is awesome. I only wish it came in bigger sizes! If you don't have one I strongly recommend you get one. I got the expensive one, and its great. I can't speak for the 10$ ones...

Using the punch, I've made the nuts and bolts. two different silver paints for the nuts and the bolts as well. just enough of a difference that it's there but not so much as it draws unwanted attention. They are punched in 1mm, 2.5mm, and for the center dome bolts 1.5mm

https://www.amazon.com/Talas-Screw-P...8487577&sr=8-5

Using the punch as well as a compass cutter I got, I've been putting together a test build of the P&W R-985 Wasp engines I'll be building for the Grumman Goose. This one is a bit larger for the sake of ease. I have put a motor in it to spin the prop. While I'm at it, ill build a some kind of mount that would be used to test the engine before mounting to the plane.

Sorry for the lack of photos I didn't think I would go this far with the engine so I didn't take any
Attached Thumbnails
Scratch Built Grumman Goose G-21A-radial-engine.jpg