View Single Post

Old 12-03-2021, 06:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 158.97 MB
Color.

Color, color, color. Don't believe ANY model, whatever is paper, plastic or flight simulator.
There is an specific tone of paint inside the bucket. Once it goes over the plane, it changes depending the aplication method, the surface under it (metal, old paint, primer, etc)
It changes too depending if it is under the sun, electrical light, clouds, humidity, dirt.
For example, here you can see two pictures of the very same plane: one picture outside under the sun, the other under controled conditions. The model I'm painting will be similar to the outdoors picture, the one you'll assemble will be similar to the indoors picture.

So, I applied the first layer of paint. As you can see, the green is too shinny. The final scheme of my test model will be similar to the one of the Stranraer.
Ah, by the way: your museum model will be clean, the other schemes will have scratches, oil, gun residue and worn out where the crew shoes stepped. Not too much, just a little little bit.
Attached Thumbnails
Another Warbird to Enjoy-n-3pb-25-.jpg   Another Warbird to Enjoy-n-3pb-dsc07388-1-.jpg   Another Warbird to Enjoy-n-3pb-norwegian-armed-forces-aircraft-collection-5-.jpg   Another Warbird to Enjoy-n-3pb-norwegian-armed-forces-aircraft-collection-8-.jpg   Another Warbird to Enjoy-northrop-n3p-b-no-22-del-escuadron-no-330-una-unidad-noruega-que-opero-con-el-comando-costero-d.jpg