View Single Post

Old 01-04-2022, 03:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.89 GB
Sailplanes builds

I have recently received most of the GPM line of Polish sailplanes. I didn't see any build reports on the site, so I thought I should build some and report on how they worked out for me. First up is GMP kit 194, IS-8 Komar. Wikipedia says this was a prewar training glider, updated after WWII.

I started the build with the fuselage. I reinforced the fuselage backbone and formers with cereal box cardboard. I built up the cockpit, which seemed a little too much monocolor. Everything is the same color gray. The control stick was made from a paperclip, with a little dab of glue on the end for the hand grip. The seat back as built in the kit doesn't make much sense, it curves forward just before the headrest. Also, no seatbelts. The pedals that form the nose fuselage curves were glued together before inserting the frame into the fuselage. I just used butt joints with no reinforcements. I thought the fuselage joint on the top of the structure was strange, but it worked out.

The wings were next, with the internal box structure built up. It took a little figuring out of how it all goes together. Hopefully the photos will help any future builders. Both wings ended up with a crease line just outboard of the spoilers. This was mostly caused by trying to match up the cutouts in the inner structure with the spoilers on the wing outer panels.
Attached Thumbnails
Sailplanes builds-20220104_145248.jpg   Sailplanes builds-20220104_145710.jpg   Sailplanes builds-20220104_145201.jpg   Sailplanes builds-20220104_145220.jpg   Sailplanes builds-20220104_145358.jpg