View Single Post

Old 01-06-2022, 04:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.89 GB
The wings mate together well, with a tab on the underside to attach to the fuselage. It would be easy to display this model as on a travel trailer with the wings removed. The only real complaint is the joint in the center sections' leading edge. It is reinforced with a joining strip (which is not colored) making a double thickness right at the spot where the wing curves the most. The tail parts are typical of any aircraft, I chose not to use the built in jointing tabs so the trailing edges would be a little thinner. All the control surfaces butt join with the aircraft. I wish they had a taper designed in so there wouldn't be a gap if posed outside of neutral position. I used some aircraft safety wire for the control cables. Both sides of the elevator have control horns. Based on what pictures I can find from the Krakow Aviation Museum, looks like the real aircraft has the elevator control horns hidden inside the fuselage tail. Also, the model has an external pitot tube/airspeed tunnel which is not shown in the actual aircraft. This was just a quick build, so she's not all that pretty.

Next build will be GPM kit 195, SZD-22 Mucha Standard.
Attached Thumbnails
Sailplanes builds-20220104_145423.jpg   Sailplanes builds-20220106_160615.jpg   Sailplanes builds-20220106_160504.jpg   Sailplanes builds-20220106_160443.jpg   Sailplanes builds-krakow-b-komar-49-01.jpg