Thread: Venice 1757
View Single Post

Old 01-11-2022, 04:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
Venice 1757

This building project got started when Goncalo Mendes introduced here these model sets I'm building at the moment. Christmas time offered a perfect time to start a new project alongside with my ship project. Added bonus - both depict the same century. :-)

The model sets are made by an italian artist, interior and graphic designer by the nickname 'Oonirico'. Check out his page, it's fabulous stuff. He has also made some make-believe Italian sceneries he sells as posters. Very appetising stuff.

There are two model sets, venetian houses and a special set of three venetian chuches. He published these 2015-17.

I've been building these during the last two weeks every now and then. Basicly they are simple boxes, easy to cut and easy to assemble. But I suggest you take time with these. Carefull cutting, scoring, forming and edge coloring is needed. I printed the sets on a Canon matte inkjet paper 170gr and it works for me fine.

There are some intricate models aswell, houses with 'sotoportegos' that is a passageway that goes under the building. Also so called 'bridge houses' where the house is built over an alley.

Churches (the specials set are a bit flimsy even with heavy weight paper so some internal supports might come handy. Some tabs are missing, some roof or bottom parts are oversized but mostly the sets are designed very well and the graphics are absolutely fantastic.

I didn't find any info about the scale he used but I figured the scale is somewhere between 1/350-400 (I measured the height of the smallest door in the kit to be 5mm and estimated the avegade door height to be between 180-200cm).

I've built most of the houses, some of them twice just to get more volume for the diorama I have in my mind. I have a lot to do still: few 'sotoportego' houses and a palace to build and then bridges, the prominent venetian chimneys and of course the balconies. All those come with the sets plus water base for the canals and paving and cobblestones for the walkways and alleys. Fun project ahead planning my own little Venice. No matter how you arrenge these they look nice to my eyes. My favourite city which I've visited few times.

Tappi
Attached Thumbnails
Venice 1757-beginning.jpg   Venice 1757-scale.jpg   Venice 1757-venice-box.jpg   Venice 1757-simple-yes-no.jpg   Venice 1757-sotoportegos.jpg  

Venice 1757-sotoportego-house.jpg   Venice 1757-rooftops.jpg   Venice 1757-rows-houses.jpg   Venice 1757-church.jpg   Venice 1757-building-blocks.jpg