View Single Post

Old 03-05-2022, 09:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.15 MB
"San Mateo" ferry - Orel - 1/200 scale

It was fun to come across this kit recently since I knew the "San Mateo" as a boy, having ridden her between Bainbridge Island and Seattle several times. This is the first time I've seen any of the Washington ferry boats as a kit. So even though 1/400 is the scale I tend to prefer, this kit was a "must" for me.

The kit allows either a waterline model or full hull. I'll do the waterline since that is how I remember the ship and is what I'd like to see on my display table. Also, even though I'm not a great fan of laser-cut parts, I got the laser set for this kit since I don't like mounting and cutting cardboard, either. (Many of the ships I've built used only card stock -- no cardboard required).

(By the way, I would love for someone to do the entire Washington State Ferries fleet in 1/400 scale! The ones I rode, and therefore my favorites, are the Tillikum, Illahee, San Mateo, and Kalakala.)

Best regards,
Kurt
Attached Thumbnails
"San Mateo" ferry - Orel - 1/200 scale-sanmateo-00.jpg   "San Mateo" ferry - Orel - 1/200 scale-sanmateo-00a.jpg   "San Mateo" ferry - Orel - 1/200 scale-sanmateo-00b.jpg