View Single Post

Old 09-18-2009, 04:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
A quick update on the Hustler:

Billy is a little silent the last couple of days, which probably means he is busy building or experimenting. We'll know soon enough.

I think the conclusion that is solidifying here regarding how to create markings for aluminized paper is this:

Produce the parts with the multiple shades of gray; with the colored markings on the parts. These markings will serve to provide "placement" for any secondary method desired by the builder. Then provide a "decal sheet" with all the colored markings, on a white background. This can be printed on sticky label paper, or can be used in a number of ways to produce water-slide decals. Since these decals have a white background, the will simply cover the markings on the original parts.

If the builder decides to print all the parts on white paper (not silver), then they simply discard (don't print) the decal sheet.

As far as progress on the design itself; the wing is 100% complete (unless Billy wants changes). I'll send him the outer skin parts tomorrow. Currently, I am designing the cockpit and 2 crew bays. The model will have 3 open lids.

This process is a little scary to me since I am designing parts, sending them to Billy without any pre-verification builds on my part, and he is investing ink, paper, and time (and trust) that the untested parts will come together.

Pictures to come...

Ken